Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Jack the snake catcher





I have been so busy with graduation stuff that I have sorely neglected my blog. But I had to write about this.

We heard Lowrider barking alot in the back yard this evening and discovered that he had cornered a 3 foot bull snake. We put him in the house and Jack corralled the snake with a rake and a box. Then he took it out to the alley and released it. I hope it doesn't crawl back into the yard to join us while we pull weeds!

The interesting thing to me was that, when threatened, it stood up some and then made a hissing sound that sounded somewhat like a rattle.

All in all it was a pretty cool event!

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

NASTY!! Where are the high school boys with BB guns this time? You should've just let Lowrider eat it, I bet he would've liked it a lot better than grub worms :)

mom said...

Our terrior has killed two snakes in our backyard so far this summer. They both were grass snakes. It must be the summer of the snake. Jeanie

Stephanie said...

OMG! 3 cheers for Lowrider and Jack!